A lecture I really enjoyed was on contemporary urban Indigenous art.

I wrote my review on Richard Bell, he was one of the first artists mentioned.
At first he thought art was for girls, but then was told that painting could be away to get his views across. He did some film work where his persona was called Richy. In his artworks he has quotes "I am not a woman basher" "There is no black prolem" "Thank Christ I dont love on Palm Island".

I enjoy Richard Bells artworks, it gives you a chance to research what he means. During the lecture I found out that there was poor Aboriginal health and deaths on Palm island.


Vernon Ah Kee
He does massive portrait and film work.

These works have a sense of beauty.


In 1967 there was a referendem, before that Indigenous people were concidered animals.
I like his works, it makes me feel disgusted that Indigenous people were concidered animals, doesnt even make sense to me.